Are you passionate about innovation, entrepreneurial work and sustainable change? Currently looking for work within the ocean and energy industries? Do you hold a background from activities & events, with sales/commercial experience?
For the TOOL team, we are looking for an Opportunity Agent who will function as a business developer and sales resource focused on our Aquarium Event & Expo platform. We seek candidates from the ocean and energy industries to join our team, on a mission to utilize our two digital platforms and bring real value to our existing and new community partners and members. You can join part-time or full-time resource. Project employee or contractor. Location may be flexible.
The Ocean Opportunity Lab (TOOL) is the world’s first floating lab for entrepreneurs and change agents across ocean industries, sustainable solutions & tech. TOOL connects change makers, experts, innovators, entrepreneurs, clusters and corporations across the world who have the same purpose – making a sustainable impact within the ocean and renewable industries.
TOOL Aquarium is a new digital platform that is built for hosting shorter digital events with auditoriums for live streams, a lobby for mingling and an exhibition area for booths. But it is also made to be a permanent community platform for showcasing our community members booths 7/24/365. So that all members can explore the platform and get to know all our members at all times. Since the launch in September the platform has already hosted the world’s biggest maritime gender equality conference, and also the ocean part of Oslo Innovation Week.
TOOL Spawn is our very own “Tinder” for matching entrepreneurs’ resource needs with existing resources and partners from the established industries. Here you will find investment cases, innovation concepts, unresolved problems, resource needs from startups and industry actors, and other needs and contributions looking for their perfect match and partner within the community.
- Commercial & sales development oriented role
- Selling the event platform TOOL Aquarium
- Key account responsibility according to your relevant network
- You will be looking for online events to be hosted in our platform, and co-develop concepts in close interaction with our partners and community
- Promote and sell sponsor/partnership packages for different events
Who are you?
- You are open, purpose-driven and wish to contribute to driving environmental and social change within our industries. You put integrity, values and fellow humans before status, ego and power
- You hold a mix of structure and entrepreneurial spirit, and find motivation in self driven work where you can co-create and get rewarded based on what you help build and deliver
- A pay it forward approach in life; being used to connect and help others to thrive and succeed
- You prefer a bottom-up leadership, and you wish to be part of an informal team culture where you can be a full human being, and where we support and care about each other
- You have a background and broad network in the ocean or renewable energy industry
- You are customer oriented, and always look for how to bring true value to the other parties: 1+1=3.
- You like taking the first approach – self driven and motivated by creating results
- If you have a background where holes in your CV, physical disabilities, age, gender identity, a non-traditional background, lack of formal degree, your name, skin color, religion or culture has represented challenges in the past – please know that we are founded by a school dropout and industry rebel. We treasure all forms of diversity and actively seek to recruit brilliant & creative people that more conservative companies may overlook.
What we can offer:
- A small, diverse, down to earth and informal team
- A work where you can develop your skills and expand your network
- Work with meaning, empowering sustainability and diversity
- Commission based salary and/or a mix of fixed and variable
- You can work from your own location, with flexible working hours
- A culture actively focused on social sustainability, wellbeing & mental health, and people valued higher than physical or financial assets
- An environment bridging the best from the startup and industry worlds
- A global grassroot based community of entrepreneurs & innovators – people & actors across 20 countries, working together to drive clean and sustainable change